tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tommi Kyllönen <tommi.kyllo...@timisoft.fi>
Subject Problem with Jakarta-Tomcat 3.1
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 04:25:14 GMT
Hi!

My system is:

Corel Linux 1.0, Apache version is 1.3.9 (compiled with module support).

Linux and apache working very fine. I can connect my linux box with
netscape (http://localhost and also with IP-address and with computer
name). I also install Interbase 6.0 ja Interclient (I update libc
(version 6.2) and lsdo (version 1.9) libraries, because IB6 needed).
They also working fine. JDK version is 1.2 (I can build java programs
with my linux). I Using root user when i install all programs.

My problem:

I unzip tomcat packages and follow install instructions, but I can't
start tomcat.
I set TOMCAT_HOME in my tomcat directory.
I set JAVA_HOME in my java 1.2 directory.
I add also tool.jar in my CLASSPATH
When I try to start tomcat I get error: Using classpath: {my whole
classpath} No such file or directory

Can You send me whole installation instruction in Corel Linux
Jakarta-Tomcat 3.1?

Please, help me with my problem! (I try to solve this problem very long
time and I'm very desperate)

P.S Sorry my bad english!

Best regards
Tommi Kyllönen