tomcat-users mailing list archives

From prad...@mantranet.com (Pradeep Mysore)
Subject Re: Is it possible..yes
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 21:11:03 GMT
Hello Everybody,

I am trying to run Tomcat(3.1) with Apache(1.3.6) on the same host (Solaris
7).
It seems to be that the tomcat is not compiling JSP file into servlets. On the
browser
I could see JSP tags instead of JSP substituted values. It looks like Apache
is not communicating
with Tomcat using ajpv12. Apache is just rendering the jsp file as any other
html file using
the Alias tag in tomcat.conf file that i am appending with this mail. Can
anyone please tell me
why Apache is not using ajpv12 to communicate with tomcat when it encounters a
jsp file.

Note : I was able to run Tomcat on standalone mode. and was successfully able
to execute all the
example progrms

Thanks
Pradeep

LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel debug

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType examples/jsp *.jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet *.jsp

Alias /examples /usr/local/apache/tmp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/tmp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples

<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /test /usr/local/apache/tmp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/test
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/tmp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >