tomcat-users mailing list archives

From prad...@mantranet.com (Pradeep Mysore)
Subject Re: Tomcat - Apache on solaris 7- AddType examples/jsp .jsp is this a bug(missing *)??
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 19:48:48 GMT
Hello Mr Troy,
Thanks for the reply.
I was successfully able run Tomcat with its inbult http at 8080(Standalone
tomcat).
However with apache i am having problems. I have been running tomcat with apache
by removing
HTTP connector tag in server.xml. Following is the only connector tag
present in server.xml
<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
<Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
       <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
</Connector>

Anyway the problem was with the below two lines of jakarta-tomcat.conf file
being created by tomcat

AddType examples/jsp .jsp---- Wrong (IS THIS A BUG???)
AddType examples/jsp *.jsp---- Right

AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp --- Wrong((IS THIS A BUG???)
AddHandler jserv-servlet . *jsp --- Right

Now the *jsp requests are going to tomcat.however tomcat doesnot seem to do
anything.
in the browser I see all jsp tags as is . Tomcat is not compiling into servelet
and substituting jsp tags with appropriate values. Can anyone please tell me the
posiible reason.

Thanks
Pradeep

Pradeep Mysore