tomcat-users mailing list archives

From prad...@mantranet.com (Pradeep Mysore)
Subject Tomcat - Apache on solaris 7
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 18:11:40 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to configure tomcat 1.0  to co-operate with the Apache web server 1.3.6
on Solaris 7
with both tomcat and Apache running on the same host. i build jmod_serv.so on solaris 7 with
the tomcat
source. Here i am trying to configure Apache to send any
request for a resource that starts with the /examples prefix to be served to Tomcat. With
this set up
i could see only static web pages being served. Serving of all the files with jsp extension
is failing.
I have followed the setup steps provided in tomcat_ug.html. Please let me know
what could be the reason for Apache to fail serving *.jsp files.
Thnaks
Pradeep

The last line of htpd.conf contains the following line

include ./conf/tomcat.conf

Apache error_log contains following statements
[Wed May 10 11:36:38 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) tomcat/1.0 configured -- resuming
normal operations

-------------------
tomcat.conf - created by tomcat as jakarta-tomcat.conf
-------------------
LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel debug

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType examples/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

Alias /examples /usr/local/apache/tmp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/tmp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples

<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /test /usr/local/apache/tmp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/test
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/tmp/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >