tomcat-users mailing list archives

From M Butcher <mbutch...@uswest.net>
Subject Re: OT: java programming Q
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 14:33:10 GMT
So the servlet executes a C program? And the C program doesn't behaive as
expected? That is probably because none of the CGI environment variables are set
for the program. You are executing it outside of the normal CGI context, so any
particular information that _was_ being sent to the CGI (in the form of env. vars
or arguments) is now being sent to the servlet engine. If you really want to make
this method work, you need to have the java set all of the correct environment
variables for the C program.