tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bau <Alec....@msdw.com>
Subject Re: Alternative compiler with Tomcat?
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 23:13:57 GMT
>Do you have jikes set up correctly? Can you compile from the prompt with it?

What'd you mean by "set up correctly"? I use Jikes version 1.11 from IBM's NT binary distribution
that
consists of a a single Jikes.exe file. From command line it works fine if you put jre\lib\rt.jar
on a
classpath. I've tried putting this on a Tomcat classpath as well with the same "Unable to
compile class for
JSP" JasperException result.

What bothers me is that as I know Jikes is written in portable C++.  Maybe we're talking different
Jikes
here - one C++ and one Java? If so where can I get the Java one?

Then my understanding is that one of Tomcat's jars should contain needed Java Jikes classes
and indeed
"org.apache.jasper.compiler.JikesJavaCompiler" is present in a jasper.jar . Is it enough or
I need something
else?

Thanks.