tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Weiss <swe...@aamc.org>
Subject Re: Logging to File
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 17:28:24 GMT
"kc.baltz" wrote:

> [...]

Not only possible, but you can't really do it any other way. Each RMI
server running in it's own JVM (and Tomcat/servlets in a 3rd JVM),
creates it's own static objects. If you only wanted to create _one_
instance of a class that would be used across JVMs, you would have to
use RMI or something.
--
Steve Weiss      Association of American Medical Colleges
(202)828-0428    mailto:sweiss@aamc.org    http://www.aamc.org