tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Weiqi Gao <weiqi...@freewwweb.com>
Subject Re: New to JSP
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 13:08:22 GMT
dlegare@att.net wrote:

> Im sure this has been addressed over and over, but can
> someone point me to some easy documentation on how to
> correctly (!!!!) install Apache, Tomcat, etc.. so that I
> can play with JSP.

To "play with" JSP, you only need to install Tomcat.  You don't need
Apache because Tomcat can function as a web server.

Just download the binary of Tomcat, unzip it to any directory, and setup
the TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME environment variables to point to the
properdirectories.

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@freewwweb.com