tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dunkle, Ed" <Ed.Dun...@ameriserve.com>
Subject protecting all resources
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 23:43:35 GMT
Admittedly, I have not finished reading the JSDK 2.2 spec yet, but I'm
working on it.  But, before I spend a lot of time on this, I was hoping
someone could give me a clue.

I am using form-based custom authorization.  So we have our own HTML form
that posts to a servlet that then validates the credentials.  That's fine
for a login, but I am wanting to ensure that the login has been successful
before serving up any other files, mainly HTML and JSPs.

I am thinking that I need to write a custom "file" servlet that would first
check for a valid login before allowing the file to be sent.  IF there is
another way to do this, please let me know!

Thanks,
Ed