tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dunkle, Ed" <Ed.Dun...@ameriserve.com>
Subject servlet can't find itself
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 23:59:53 GMT
How can this be?

I created a new webapp called "hot" and put my classes under WEB_INF/classes
in the appropriate hierarchy, yet Tomcat doesn't seem to be able to find
them.  Where is it looking?

I put the SnoopServlet in the classes dir and it runs fine from there.  I
suppose I will try Snoop in a package and see what happens then...

Error: 500

Location: /hot/servlet/com.ameriserve.hot.servlet.SessionValidator

Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ameriserve/hot/servlet/SessionValidator
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:245)
        at org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoad
er.java:141)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled
Code)
        at
        at
(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)