tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Haines <shai...@ipnet-solutions.com>
Subject Introspection error with JDK 1.3
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 07:46:24 GMT
I am having a problem with introspection and the JDK v1.3.  I have a custom
tag library definition file (TLD) that I am using with my JSP page that uses
Introspection and when I try to run it I get the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Can't find a method to write property
'class' in a bean of type 'com.mypackage.MyPropertyTag'

This works fine running under version 1.2.2 of the JDK, but one post I saw
in the archives said that introspection has changed with v1.3.. Has anyone
encountered this problem?? Any ideas on how to solve it?? Work around??

I found that if I add a "setClass( Class myClass )" method to my tag handler
I get an "argument type mismatch" error (at least it is something new :)),
but I cannot find where in the JDK it specifies the setClass() method to get
its prototype..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve