tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jill Stephenson <ji...@dstc.qut.edu.au>
Subject Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM : String broken couldn't demarshal String
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 22:08:40 GMT
I found the problem was due to using an old version of mod_jserv.so
(from tomcat 3.1b1).  After building and loading mod_jserv.so from
the tomcat 3.1 source everything was fine.

Also under Unix you need to move the file jserv_wrapper_win.c out of
the way when you compile so it doesn't get linked in.  I presume that
under windows you will need to do the same with jserv_wrapper_unix.c.

I compiled it using
  ${APACHE_HOME}/bin/apxs -c mod_jserv.c jserv*.c

> Any ideas on the below problem ?
>  I am using Tomcat3.1 on Win98 , JDK1.3  , Apache 1.3.9
>  I am not able to execute servlets/jsp at all.
> In the standalone operation 8080 it works fine.
>
> HANDLER THREAD ROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream broken, couldn't demarshal
string :768:390
> java.io.IOException: Stream broken, couldn't demarshal string :768:390
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajpv12InputStream.readString(Ajp12Connection
Handler.java:484)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp12Con
nectionHandler.java:310)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processCon
nection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:134)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)

----
Jill