tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Dowling" <mich...@e-acumen.com>
Subject Re: tomcat with apache webserver
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 03:56:42 GMT
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

Search for "Setting Tomcat to Cooperate with the Apache Web Server"

Good luck.

thanks, mdd

From: "David Johnson" <djj9@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 23:36:50 -0400

>Hi all,
>
>I am trying to configue tomcat to run with the apache webserver.  I am new to linux and
also new to both the servlet/jsp technology and the webserver.  I have gotten apache to work,
and tomcat still works if I go to port 8080... but how do I test to see if tomcat works on
the normal apache served port 80?  I trying just relocating one of the example jsps into the
www root directory, but my browser prompted me to download the file.  How do I get apache/tomcat
configured to make it work properly?  So far, all i have done is include the tomcat config
file into the apache config, as mentioned in the user guide, and I downloaded and placed the
mod_jserv.so binary in the proper directory as mentioned in the user guide.  What more do
i do?