tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Resend: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 19:59:38 GMT
oops, forgot to include my server configuration:
Tomcat 3.1 final (binary download) running under Apache
1.3.12 (compiled with DSO support), mod_jserv compiled
from Tomcat 3.1 source (final).
OS: Solaris 2.7 x86
JVM: 1.2.1_03

The rest is still about the same:

Good morning, I have following problem:
I have some main jsp page, trying to include sub-page
into it (<jsp:include ...) and also trying to include
sub-sub-page into that sup-page, but I am getting
following exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already
been committed

So I looked at the source code of servlet which had
been generated from sub-page and found following lines

  String _jspx_qStr = \\\"\\\";
(\\\"/stub_jsp/comp.flash.scrsav.stub.jsp\\\" + _jspx_qStr);

The last line will throw that exception. Is this a bug
or not? How can the jsp compiler put out.flush() in the
middle of the servlet? (there is also some html code
after that include)

Thanks for any suggestions
Roman Kratochvil

View raw message