tomcat-users mailing list archives

From k...@tb.cz
Subject java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed
Date Tue, 09 May 2000 14:35:37 GMT
Good morning, I have following problem:
I have some main jsp page, trying to include sub-page
into it (<jsp:include ...) and also trying to include
sub-sub-page into that sup-page, but I am getting
following exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already
been committed

So I looked at the source code of servlet which had
been generated from sub-page and found following lines
there:

{
  String _jspx_qStr = \"\";
  out.flush();
  pageContext.include
(\"/stub_jsp/comp.flash.scrsav.stub.jsp\" + _jspx_qStr);
}

The last line will throw that exception. Is this a bug
or not? How can the jsp compiler put out.flush() in the
middle of the servlet? (there is also some html code
after that include)

Thanks for any suggestions
Roman Kratochvil