tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cristian Bogdan <cristianbog...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: question about contexts
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 16:28:03 GMT
hello

--- Luis Andrei Cobo <valis@megapathdsl.com> wrote:
> does the document root for context HAVE to be in
> webapps?

this might not be helpful for you (serving html and
jsp by apache and tomcat respectively) but I have
noticed the following:

<Context path="/somepath"
docBase="somedir/public_html" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >

works with no problems, even if "somepath" is "" (i.e.
the root)

but

<Context path="/somepath"
docBase="../somedir/public_html" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >

(i.e. if the files are not under TOMCAT_HOME) the html
files are "404 not found" for tomcat. JSPs in
somepath/ work with no problems though.

furthermore, if "somepath/" is "", tomcat can't serve
any html whatsoever.

I think the above are bugs (I'm on win95, jdk 1.1.8).

btw, should bugs be sent to tomcat-dev or to
tomcat-user?

thanks

cristi