tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Stacy <cst...@crystaliz.com>
Subject XML syntax for parameter values that are XML
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 21:48:56 GMT
 CS> I have an application parameter value that consists of some XML.
 CS> I want to write something like:
 CS>       <context-param>
 CS>          <param-name>foo</param-name>
 CS>          <param-value>
 CS>             <bar/>
 CS>          </param-value>
 CS>       </context-param>
 CS> What is the XML syntax that I need to use for this kind of thing?

 kc> Not sure, but my guess is you need to put backslashes in front of the < > 's
 kc> and remove the "'s unless you want them to be part of the string returned by
 kc> getInitParameter().

Well, I tried  <param-value> "<bar/>"  </param-value>
and also       <param-value> \<bar/\>  </param-value>
but those didn't work, either.