tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kukulies <k...@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject examples work - but mapping, sigh
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 10:13:43 GMT

I got Tomcat-3.1 running with apache-1.3.12 now under FreeBSD fine.
All the examples in /usr/local/build/tomcat/webapps/examples
work fine.

Thanks for not answering my newbieish previous question. Reading the docs is
so helpful :-)

Even at the danger that noone answers my following question(s), here goes:

1. Where in tomcat is wired that /usr/local/build/tomcat/webapps is
   taken as the root for everything when invoking the
   URL http://<server>/examples/ ?

2. Where can I find detailed explanations on the ApJServMount
   mechanism?

   2.1  What is the first argument, what is the second argument of
        the ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
        configuration line? (Where is that documented?)

   2.2  Is ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT something special. (I mean the ROOT in
        capital letters?)

   2.3  Is /usr/local/build/tomcat/webapps/ROOT related in any respect
        to the config line under topic 2.2 above?

   2.4  What do the terms mean:

        2.4.1 direct known servlet URLs to Tomcat.

        2.4.2 direct servlet only contexts to Tomcat.

'nough for now.