tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kukulies <k...@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Subject Re: getting tomcat-apache.conf working
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 15:52:18 GMT
On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 05:34:57PM +0200, Jan Wilm wrote:
> Hi Christoph
>
> I think your problems were write permissions, JServ was not allowed
> to create the file as the user it ran.
> Or ??

Yeah, I wrote that I created the directory /usr/local/logs and it could proceed.
Although the location /usr/local/logs is a bit weird. I was assuming that I had
to tell tomcat-apache the location of the log file and the
location it was assuming it to put looked as if there was some
PREFIX missing.

Anyway, I can proudly report to see:
[Tue May  2 17:30:09 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) tomcat/1.0 configured -
- resuming normal operations

in my httpd-error.log now.

Do I have to run build/tomcat/bin/startup.sh also? I.e., does tomcat have to
run in parallel to apache or is mod_jserv.so (tomcats) now doing all the job?