tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Pettis" <depste...@hotmail.com>
Subject Caching anomaly
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 16:19:18 GMT
I have a JSP page that invokes some code in an ordinary class file.  This
class file reads a text file from disk and converts the data into a vector
of objects.  This file is supposed to be autoupdated periodically, but what
I'm finding is when I replace the file on disk, the original data remains
(doesn't get picked up and read into a new set of objects in the vector).
All I can think of is that Tomcat is somehow caching this file and not
"detecting" a newer one.  Any suggestions to alleviate this problem would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren