tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gladwell, Ricardo" <ricardo.gladw...@demon.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat Tag Library Bug
Date Wed, 03 May 2000 09:49:00 GMT
Dear All,

I recently changed from Win32 tomcat to the latest Linux release of tomcat
on Free BSD. I have managed to install the java engine into apache (1.1.9)
and I have copied across one of my web applications. This application uses a
tag library, which works perfectly on my windows tomcat, but when I attempt
to execute the same page with it tag library on my Linux tomcat I get the
following error message:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary
WEB-INF/taglibs/sql.tld : Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element
"taglib" does not allow "tag" here.

I know the tld file IS well formed because it executes perfectly on my other
machine, but it is failing here. Is this a tomcat bug or am I making some
mistake with my configuration.

I know that the access privileges on the file are correctly set, I know that
the appropriate classpaths are set up. The machine is running jdk1.1.8 but
it runs other JSP pages without tag libraries. Yours...

--
Ricardo Gladwell, Web Developer
Demon Internet, Westhumble House,