tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <Jacob.R.Kj...@syntegra.com>
Subject RE: <servlet> server side include tag support in Tomcat?
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 17:09:55 GMT
Good point.

I can't argue with you too much on this topic, being that I haven't dug into
enhydra that much.  However, you can use jsp along with enhydra because they
are basing their "multiserver" web server on Tomcat 3.1 which supports jsp.

For web applications that make sense for enhydra, I think it is the way to
go.  In other cases, you can use the less maintainable but more RAD jsp.

That aside, do you know if Tomcat supports the <servlet> tag?

Jake

-----Original Message-----
From: Anke Steuernagel [mailto:anke@opus5.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 12:04 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: <servlet> server side include tag support in Tomcat?

Hi,

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:45:41AM -0500, Jacob Kjome wrote:
> No, not really doing jsp.
>
> Actually, if I were to do something like jsp, I would use Enhydra.

there were many discussions in our company to this topic.
Here exists two different thinkings (or should I say beliefs? ;-):
JServ/Tomcat with JSP Engines versus Enhydra.

> This separates the look and feel from the actual business logic.

Sure, but what if you have to implement dynamic behaviour dependant
on client events? Dynamic client side javascript seems to be
difficult to code with enhydra.

bye, anke

--
[ a n k e   s t e u e r n a g e l ]