tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ballu" <ballu.ch...@appnet.com>
Subject Re: Syntax error on line 13 of e:\tomcat\conf\tomcat.conf
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 22:58:50 GMT
Hi Wenz,

    I commeted that line. But no success.

    This time the 'apache server' window opens up and crashes. Neither any message in error.log
file nor on console.
Please help me.

--Ballu

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christian Wenz
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org ; Ballu
  Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 3:54 PM
  Subject: Re: Syntax error on line 13 of e:\tomcat\conf\tomcat.conf

  Hello,

  I'd recommend that you include tomcat-jakarta.conf (the file that is auto-generated by Tomcat
upon launch.
  That's also the reason why tomcat.conf won't work with you. Comment line 13. You don't need
to load the .so file, only the dll (if you are using Win32). The auto-generated file comments
the line for the alien OS automatically, the tomcat.conf contains both lines.

  Regards
  Christian

         include e:/tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf.

    After adding to httpd.conf file, I can not start Apache web server. When I looked into
the
        Apache Group\Apache\logs\error.log
    the following exception is shown.

    Exception :
    Syntax error on line 13 of e:\tomcat\conf\tomcat.conf:
    Cannot load e:/program files/apache group/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so into server:

    How to solve this problem? Please help me.

    Thanks in advance
    -Ballu