tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kyle Cordes" <k...@kylecordes.com>
Subject Re: Distributing JSP as Servlets
Date Sat, 06 May 2000 03:54:45 GMT
> I'm developing using JSP, but when I distribute the software is there
a away
> I can only distribute the generated servlet and not the JSP?  How does
that
> impact my references to other JSP pages

In IBM's implementation (WebSphere), the JSP generated servlet gets the
static HTML from the JSP by opening the JSP and reading it in to a
buffer.  In other words, you still needs the JSPs around even though
they are compiled - so this definately would not work there.

[  kyle@kylecordes.com   |    http://DiskWise.com : free   ]
[ BDE Alternatives Guide | internet-based file storage and ]
[  www.kylecordes.com    |  sharing, with version history  ]