tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ricardo O. Maciel" <rmac...@dglnet.com.br>
Subject FW: Help on first build
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 18:25:36 GMT
Hi,

I installed Tomcat 3.1 and it works fine, including examples. The
environment, including CVS, is set as recommended by the development guide.

However, when i try the first build (at this time the application has only
HTML and JSP pages), the exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/tools/ant/main is thrown from main

I hit build.bat (Win98 OS) from my development directory, which is separate
from, not under tomcat home. Just in case, i included both tomcat bin and
the development directories in PATH. Classpaths and ant.jar are apparently
fine.

build.xml has a change only in the property app.name to indicate the name of
my application.

I sure did something wrong with directories but i can't figure what.

Any hint?

Ricardo Maciel