tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Milo Hyson" <>
Subject Newbie question
Date Mon, 29 May 2000 23:31:03 GMT
I've been using JServ for quite some time now, but today is my first attempt
at using Tomcat. Everything built and installed properly, but I can't get
Tomcat to use the directory I want. I've looked everywhere and can't find
the answer.

I have a machine called lab running Apache 1.3.12 and Tomcat 3.1. A file
called test.jsp exists in /apps/apache/htdocs. I modified the root context
in server.xml as follows:

    <Context path="" docBase="apps/apache/htdocs" debug="0"

I've tried all sorts of things -- restarting both Tomcat and Apache multiple
times. It seems no matter what I do, Tomcat keeps looking for my JSP files
in /apps/tomcat/webapps/ROOT.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs

View raw message