tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Wenz" <christian.w...@stud.tu-muenchen.de>
Subject Re: NT installation
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 13:04:47 GMT
Hello,

are you using Win95? Then have a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/acti
on/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/102/question_id/581...
Otherwise, I've had problems with startup.bat too. Try launching "tomcat.bat
run" instead (without the quotes), this might work.
I got this to work on both NT and Win98.

Regards
Christian

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Niambh Scullion (LMI)" <Niambh.Scullion@eei.ericsson.se>
An: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2000 13:52
Betreff: NT installation

> Hi all,
>         I really would appreciate advice here,I am a very very new user to
tomcat and I am trying to install the tomcat Java server on my PC, my os is
NT..
>         I have followed the installation guide to a tee.....
>         I have set up  a TOMCAT_HOME variable in my environment
>         I have altered my class path to include c:/tomcat/lib( to point at
the jar files) and finally I have set my JAVA_HOME variable to point to my
Java interpreter(javac.exe)...

>  when I go into the command prompt and go to "c:/tomcat/bin" and type
"startup" I get this error

> The name specified is not recognized as an
> internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
> Starting tomcat in new window
> Using classpath:
..\classes;..\lib\webserver.jar;..\lib\jasper.jar;..\lib\xml.ja
> r;..\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Program
Files\ESOE\VisualCafe\Java\Bin\lib\tools.jar;C:\
> Program Files\Esoe\Exceed.nt\hcljrcsv.zip;C:\Program
Files\Esoe\Exceed.nt;C:\jws