tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luis Andrei Cobo" <va...@megapathdsl.com>
Subject quick q to all those using tomcat with linux:
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 06:24:13 GMT
I have JSP pages that work, and I wrote a servlet to add some backgrounding to the actual functions
of the page. The servlet seems to be coughing up blood with tons of nullpointer exceptions.
All well and good, but sseeing as how Im sort of new to JAVA on a whole, I once saw that if
you put System.err.println in your code, or System.out.println in your code, is should show
up someplace fairly visibile to be able to trace the code as it runs....

where can I find this? I have numerous occurances of this in my code, for good reason I need
to check the returns of values as they come through to catch where the error is happening....not
a new skill for all you guys and gals im sure.

im currently running linuxppc with jdsk 2.1 and jdk 1.2.2 ( native threads even!) and tomcat
seems to be having a good time of it....

I just need to get this java console thing happening. Cant seem to be able to figure out where
tomcat/jserv is throwing this info, or if its being swallowed up by the great void of SWAP

Luis Andrei Cobo
Web Developer