tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chong Yu Meng" <cymbi...@cyberway.com.sg>
Subject Re: JavaScript Tree View + JSP
Date Mon, 08 May 2000 09:59:51 GMT
Why don't you try the code in Developer Edge on the Netscape website ?

Go to :
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/technote/dynhtml/collapse/index.html

Regards,
pascal chong

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eric Ngai
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Cc: Steve Weiss ; Alexandros Kotsiras
  Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 4:32 PM
  Subject: JavaScript Tree View + JSP

  Now I use JSP scriptlet to generate the portion of the data that is needed
  by the JavaScript. It give me some Dr. Watson sometime when the JSP was
  compiled. And the debugging of JSP and JavaScript is not that trouble-free.

  I am looking into the Swing now, but the prototyping will that sometime for
  me to get it work. That way, I might just endup rewriting my whole
  application in Swing Applet. Which I think will be very slow, in term of
  development, download and execution.

  Is it true that JavaScript does not do well in client interface layout? I
  got this statement from a JavaScript book.

  Regarding the Tree View JavaScript that Alexandros point out. That work
  fine, but I have some problem with it. It display wrongly or not that nice
  when I add  sub-tree that contain nothing, or the sub-tree only contain 1
  tree item. I attach that html for you to have a look.

  Thank you!

  Regards,
  Eric Ngai
  Star Solutions