tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George McKInney" <>
Subject RE: JDBC & Tomcat / JAR's
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 14:51:09 GMT
RE: the .zip files: Has anyone simply tried renaming to foo.jar? or
perhaps to to make them easier to keep track of?

George McKinney, Developer
tantalus communications inc.
500-1122 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 5L1

Direct  604.726.6753
Main    604.609.0700
Fax     604.609.0705
"When eBusiness experience counts."

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Cathrow []
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 11:03 PM
Subject: RE: JDBC & Tomcat / JAR's

with the final release of 3.1 I've had no problems with Tomcat recognising
JAR files in the ./lib directory - without any need to expand them or
explicitly name them. I have had some problems with ZIP files though.

I think that you are using the wrong lib directory.
The /opt/tomcat/lib directory is tomcat's own library directory. The one for
servlet specific jar's is located inside the webapp -
ie. ./WEB-INF/lib jar's placed in this directory are automatically added to
the classpath.
But strangely not zip files ....