tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Gotheridge" <a...@foxvalley.net>
Subject examples - protected not working
Date Sun, 21 May 2000 10:20:29 GMT
The examples directory has an authentication example at
/examples/jsp/security/protected/index.jsp for which I get an authentication
header, but then a 404 error after entering a valid user/pass. I looked through
the mail archives and found there were some bugs and that you needed to get an
upgraded version of tomcat. The only updated versions are the nightly builds, and
the authentication does work with those, but the site says don't use these
versions because they are deemed unstable and are for developers. With the last
nightly build I got, I found if I continually refreshed the page, tomcat would
stop returning requests without error so I see what they mean.

I know this isn't an issue particular to me because I have installed tomcat on 3
different machines with the same result. Can anyone tell me how to get
authentication working on the stable version (v3.1), or point me to a doc
explaining it?

Adam