tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carl Parrish" <cparr...@computerprep.com>
Subject RE: Error: 500 on servlet example
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 05:19:22 GMT
I apologize, I should have given more details. I'm running on an WinNT 4.0
box with Apache and JDK 1.2.2 . The actual error I'm recieving is.

ERROR: 500
Location /example/jsp/num/numguess.jsp (this of course changes depending on
which example I'm trying to run)
sun/tools/javac/main

Since it seems to have a problem finding javac and javac is in the tools.jar
file. I'm assuming that my JAVA_HOME variable is screwed up. I am not
however a Windoze person and have no idea what files that would be in. Can I
just edit that with a simple text editor? I hate this system GUI tool.

Carl Parrish
Webmaster
ComputerPREP.com

-----Original Message-----
From: James DiZoglio [mailto:zeppelin@firstworld.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 5:59 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; cparrish@computerprep.com
Subject: RE: Error: 500 on servlet example

I can't recall the exact variable that needs to be set. It is one of the jsp
env. need to add it to the bsh file. I havn't touched this in a while. I
remember that after the eigth try and searching around. I restarted the
whole install of jdk and tomcat following the vars one at a time. Also I
walked through the tomcat.sh or startup.sh files and manually set something
in there. There was some check I can't recall that was causing the env not
to initiate the way I assumed. But for the good side. It all works.

Jim