tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Johnson" <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject tomcat with apache webserver
Date Sat, 27 May 2000 03:36:50 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to configue tomcat to run with the apache webserver.  I am new to linux and also
new to both the servlet/jsp technology and the webserver.  I have gotten apache to work, and
tomcat still works if I go to port 8080... but how do I test to see if tomcat works on the
normal apache served port 80?  I trying just relocating one of the example jsps into the www
root directory, but my browser prompted me to download the file.  How do I get apache/tomcat
configured to make it work properly?  So far, all i have done is include the tomcat config
file into the apache config, as mentioned in the user guide, and I downloaded and placed the
mod_jserv.so binary in the proper directory as mentioned in the user guide.  What more do
i do?

Thanks,

David Johnson
djj9@cornell.edu