tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Ngai" <nga...@maxis.net.my>
Subject Re: Tree View web client with jsp
Date Sat, 06 May 2000 12:20:28 GMT
How can I intergrate JSP and JavaScript?

For example, I retrieve data from my JSP scriptlet, but how can I make the JavaScript to use
those data?

Thank you!

Regards,
Eric Ngai
Star Solutions
Malaysia

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alexandros Kotsiras
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2000 2:54 AM
  Subject: RE: Tree View web client with jsp

  I have seen implementations in Servlets, Applets and Javascript.
  Server side implementation is the slowest since whenever the user clicks on a tree-node
there is a new request to the server and the page needs to be refreshed. Applet is probably
the most powerfull since you can do "fancy" stuff which you cannot do with server-side or
Javascript (Like attach sound effects when there is a click on a node) but it needs download
and execution time .
  Javascript is what i prefer : Check the following article which provides a Javascript library
to easily create Trees.

  http://developer.iplanet.com/viewsource/smith_jstree/smith_jstree.html