tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Daanen" <...@oce.nl>
Subject RE: Anyone experiencing high memory usage by Tomcat?
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 06:07:39 GMT
Yes, I am experienced on that case. Unfortunately I have the same problems.
But I have more problems. I am not able to raise the memory allocated for
the java virtual machine. Below some details:

 I use an upload jsp file through which I will be able to upload big files
(perhaps 100Mb or more). I changed the tomcat.bat file by adding the
java -Xmx100m piece (which should allocate 100Mb of memory for the jvm). But
this is not working. I am getting an OutOfMemory error when I am uploading a
file which is bigger than 50 Mb.

Below the piece of the tomcat.bat file where the jvm is started and should
allocate 100Mb for the java virtual machine.

:startServer
echo Starting tomcat in new window
echo Using classpath: %CLASSPATH%
start java -Xmx100m -Dtomcat.home=%TOMCAT_HOME%
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto cleanup

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thank in advance,

Leon

name:		Leon Daanen
E-mail:		lda@oce.nl
Tel.:		+31 77 359 5172
Fax.:		+31 77 359 5337
Location:	3G20

Oce Technologies B.V.
www:	http://www.oce.com
Tel.:	+31 77 359 2222
P.O. Box 101
5900 MA Venlo
The Netherlands
Opinions and views expressed in this message
are my own, they do not necessarily represent
those of Océ