tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wong Wai Hong" <hongw...@topsoft.com.hk>
Subject Problem with running examples on Jakarta-Tomcat 3.1
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 08:13:26 GMT

 Hi all,

 I include the tomcat.conf in httpd.conf and follow all instruction on
 documentation. but have following area: when I try to go to
 http://localhost/examples

 Error: 500
 Location: /examples
 Internal Servlet Error:

 java.lang.NullPointerException:
  at

org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveFile(DefaultServlet.java:301)
  at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:218)
  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:499)
  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
  at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
 Compiled Code)
  at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
  at

 (Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
  at
 org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
 Compiled Code)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

 Any idea?

 Thanks in advance
 Hong