tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Cathrow" <acath...@btinternet.com>
Subject <jsp:setProperty
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 06:13:43 GMT
If this is a bit off topic - then I apologise .....

I've been using Tomcat (and prior to that WebSphere) for quite some time
now - without any difficulties.
Looking through the samples - there is one thing I could never understand

Looking at the colors sample shipped with Tomcat ......

<jsp:useBean id="cb" scope="session" class="colors.ColorGameBean" />
<jsp:setProperty name="cb" property="*" />

I don't understand the purpose of the setProperty line - what's it for ?
Does it call the set routines for all properties ? Does it call the
constructor ?

Now I've never used that second line in any of my JSP's - and I've never
experienced any problems.

Am I missing something ?

cheers,
Andy