tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Cathrow" <acath...@seagull.nl>
Subject RE: Error: 500 on servlet example
Date Sat, 13 May 2000 10:55:36 GMT
Servlet examples are already compiled code - but JSP's are source that is
compiled on the first request for them.
It sounds like javac cannot be found - or issues with classpath - is
java_home correctly set ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mason Holding [mailto:mholding@scale8.com]
Sent: 10 May 2000 01:14
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Error: 500 on servlet example

Hi all,

I was able to successfully install tomcat on a redhat machine with a 2.2.12
kernel running with apache 1.3.9, jdk1.2.2.  All of the servlet examples
work fine except for the SessionExample, where it returns the Error: 500.
The trace looks like the following:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpSession: method
getAttributeNames()Ljava/util/Enumeration; not found
        at SessionExample.doGet(SessionExample.java:70)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:541)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)

What's up with this?  It claims there is no such method in sun's servlet
code.  I know this is not true because I checked.

Any ideas?

--Mason Holding