tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <mon...@Acpub.Duke.Edu>
Subject isapi_redirect.dll download problems
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:14:37 GMT
I'm having problems trying to set up TomCat with PWS on NT Workstation
4.0.  After chasing this problem for a day or so, I found that the
isapi_redirect.dll was not downloading as a valid DLL.  When I do quick
view, it does not show the normal DLL information.

I've downloaded it from the 3.1 B1 directory and the CVS repository
with both MS IE and NS 4.7, but it alway gets munged up.  I don't have
the M$'s compiler to rebuild it.  (Enhancement request:  make it
compilable under GCC!).  So, is there any place to get this is tar or
zipped format?

If anyone cares, the download problem is probably due to the
jakarta.apache.org site delivering *.dll files as text/plain instead of
application/octet-stream.  It probably would work under Unix but fails
when Win32 browsers try to change formats.  Perhaps *.dll file MIME
types could be changed on the server?

TIA.

Greg
--
Greg Monroe                            E-mail: Monroe@Duke.Edu
Computer Mediated                      Voice:  (919)660-7746