tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Labanowski <...@osc.edu>
Subject Re: mod_jserv
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 02:40:18 GMT
Sorry to say, but with your Apache installation you cannot use
Tomcat... Your Apache is statically compiled.
You need to either download a binary distribution which has
a DSO enabled (DSO, i.e, Dynamically Shared Object, i.e, a ability
to extend Apache functionality with new modules after it was compiled
and installed) from say
  http://www.apache.org/dist/binaries/
or
  http://www.modssl.org/contrib/
or zillion other places

or you need to compile/install Apache yourself.
It is not that hard and it is quite educational.

Jan
jkl@osc.edu