tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hans-erik.skyttb...@boxer.se
Subject Re: Please help: Questions about compiling Apache to support DSO/Can not load mod_jserv.so
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 05:06:46 GMT

Hi!

Think you have same problem I had and it took me a whole day searching the
web before finding the solution.

This is only needed when compiling apache on non Linux systems. I thought
the configure program would enable theese two rules itself after finding
out it should compile apache for Solaris, but it didn't.

When you run ./configure you also need to add theese two rules:
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE and --enable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN

This is very important on non Linux systems and it will give you the
httpd.so library.

./configure --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max
--enable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE

Is how it should look like.

/Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB
hans-erik.skyttberg@boxer.se

                    "David Qian"

                    <David.Qian@a        To:     <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    ccrue.com>           cc:

                                         Subject:     Please help: Questions about compiling
Apache to support
                    2000-04-10           DSO/Can not load mod_jserv.so

                    18:48

                    Please

                    respond to

                    tomcat-user

Hi, everyone:

I find some information on apache documents on how to compile the apache to
support DSO.

I compiled the apache as following:

./configure --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max

Now, mod_so is compiled into the httpd.core.
I am able to compile the mod_jserv.c.

When I compiled the mod_jserv.c as suggested in the Tomcat users' guide as
following:

apxs -c *.c -o mod_jserv.so

I got mod_jserv.o, not mod_jserv.so as needed.

When I compiled the mod_jserv.c as suggested as following:

apxs -c mod_jserv.c -o mod_jserv.so

I got the mod_jserv.so

I copied the mod_jserv.so in the libexec/ in the apache directory.
When I start the apache server, I got the following error:

Syntax error on line 13 of
/export/bird/bkt0/etel/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf:
Cannot load /export/bird/bkt0/etel/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so into server:
ld.so.1: ./httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/export/bird/bkt0/etel/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so: symbol jserv_error:
referenced symbol not found

The libexec directory did httpd.exp and  libproxy.so,  did not have
libhttpd.so and libhttpd.ep.

Any thing I am missing here.  Any help will be greatly appreciately.

Thanks !

David