tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Please help: Questions about compiling Apache to support DSO/Can not load
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 05:06:46 GMT

Think you have same problem I had and it took me a whole day searching the
web before finding the solution.

This is only needed when compiling apache on non Linux systems. I thought
the configure program would enable theese two rules itself after finding
out it should compile apache for Solaris, but it didn't.

When you run ./configure you also need to add theese two rules:
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE and --enable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN

This is very important on non Linux systems and it will give you the library.

./configure --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max
--enable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE

Is how it should look like.

/Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB

                    "David Qian"
                    <David.Qian@a        To:     <>
          >           cc:
                                         Subject:     Please help: Questions about compiling
Apache to support
                    2000-04-10           DSO/Can not load
                    respond to

Hi, everyone:

I find some information on apache documents on how to compile the apache to
support DSO.

I compiled the apache as following:

./configure --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max

Now, mod_so is compiled into the httpd.core.
I am able to compile the mod_jserv.c.

When I compiled the mod_jserv.c as suggested in the Tomcat users' guide as

apxs -c *.c -o

I got mod_jserv.o, not as needed.

When I compiled the mod_jserv.c as suggested as following:

apxs -c mod_jserv.c -o

I got the

I copied the in the libexec/ in the apache directory.
When I start the apache server, I got the following error:

Syntax error on line 13 of
Cannot load /export/bird/bkt0/etel/apache/libexec/ into server: ./httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/export/bird/bkt0/etel/apache/libexec/ symbol jserv_error:
referenced symbol not found

The libexec directory did httpd.exp and,  did not have and libhttpd.ep.

Any thing I am missing here.  Any help will be greatly appreciately.

Thanks !

To unsubscribe, email:
For additional commmands, email:

View raw message