tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Lockwood" <jo...@directcon.net>
Subject RE: The plans are to cut a final release of 3.1 this week...
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 20:44:24 GMT
Hi Gal,

I know you guys really are interested in our feedback, more so than I ever
am when all work and no money make Jack a dull boy.  Also I really didn't
want to make it sound like if it didn't do it in this release I'd take the
no money I ever paid you and go home <g>.  I really do think you guys have a
first rate product here, and I appreciate all your work on it.

I think doing the User's Guide first was a great idea.  The worst thing this
product would be to have it be another obtuse, undocumented, hard-to-fathom
piece of UNIX arcania.  MySQL is to me a great example of an open-source
product that's a no-brainer to install and configure, and the reason is the
RPMs and the docs.  Knowing that this product is moving in the MySQL
direction and not the vi --
"thine-keystrokes-depend-upon-mine-toggled-state-which-I-shall-not-reveal" -
- direction is definitely the right thing.

I apologize for not bringing up virtual hosting earlier myself, but I just
started working with the product at all during the 3.1 beta.  Also, sorry
not to do more pounding on the product without it, but I'm busy hunting up
my next contract and trying to get my own site running better to really be a
great early adopter.  But I do appreciate your efforts.  Honest.  I'm not
just saying that to make you code faster. ;-)

And with that, enough schmooze and on to substance....

Thanks again,

John