tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jcoll...@point2.com (Collins, Jason)
Subject URL Rewriting in Apache to forward to Tomcat
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:54:37 GMT

This is a bit of a cross between Apache and Tomcat, so if I'm in the wrong place, I apologize...

I want to send all requests except for 1 directory to Tomcat, using Apache to serve that other
directory.

I have tomcat mounted at /p2 in Apache:

  ApJServMount /p2 /root

I am using URL rewriting to rewrite requests to go to that /p2 mount:

	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /p2/$1

(This rewrites everything, I know, but I am just simplifying for this example.)

The rewrite.log file shows an internal redirect

  rewrite util/snoop.html -> /p2/util/snoop.html
  internal redirect with /p2/util/snoop.html [INTERNAL REDIRECT]

and the request is going through to Tomcat. However, it doesn't seem to get picked up by my
default context:

        <Context path="" docBase="c:/phoenix/www/www.point2.com" debug="0" reloadable="true"

        </Context>

That is, the page is not handled by my default servlet.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Jason Collins                            Phone 306.955.1855
Information Systems Manager                Fax 306.955.0471
Point2 Internet Systems                      www.point2.com