tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject RE: Session problems (they don't stay around.)
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:27:21 GMT
I sent this answer a short while ago as an answer to a similar question:
Things that might be helpful to know are:
What versions of tomcat and apache are you using.
what does your httpd.conf file look like?
what does you tomcat.conf file look like?
-----BEGIN------
I've had similar problems with Apache + Tomcat.
Which versions of Apache and Tomcat are you using?

My problems were solved when I downloaded the final release of Tomcat 3.1.
I'm using Apache 1.3.12.
One other thing is to make sure you are using the mod_jserv that comes with
the tomcat you're using but not the one that comes with JServ!  This is
really important.  The best thing for you I think is to download the latest
versions of Tomcat and Apache.  First try to copy the mod_jserv.dll that
comes with that tomcat into the /modules folder of Apache.  If that doesn't
work try to set up the downloaded version of Tomcat.  If that doesnt work
try to set apache up again.

One thing you must make sure of is that your httpd.conf file (for apache)
includes the tomcat.conf file (or tomcat-apache-custom.conf if that's the
name you're using).

Hope this helps.
Stefan