tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject RE: Apache - Tomcat problem
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 20:48:51 GMT
Hi again.

First of all let me tell you that I am, by far, no expert on this matter.
More of a beginner.  I just replied because I had exactly the same problem
as you... I lost the session between pages.

Only thing I had to do was to set up the Tomcat 3.1 final and make real sure
I was using the Tomcat mod_jserv but not the JServ one.

I was comparing your conf file to mine and found a little error that might
do some harm... but then again it might just be a typo (if you manually
typed it in as opposed to copy-paste) or it may not even matter.
Here's the thing:

>AddType test/jsp .jsp
(This is what you have)

AddType text/jsp .jsp
(This is what I have)

Other than that I couldn't really see anything wrong but then again I
couldnt really understand much of the things that came after that...  :o)

Just make sure that you have the line:
Include "full\path\to\tomcat\conf\tomcat.conf"

well.. or in your case it's probably:
Include "full\path\to\tomcat\conf\tomcat-apache-custom.conf"

Sorry if I'm waisting your time with this... as I said, I'm really only a
beginner with this.  It's just that your problem sounds so much like the one
I had... well... actually it sounds exactly the same.

Regards and I hope this helps,
Stefan