tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject RE: Apache - Tomcat problem
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 17:05:53 GMT
I've had similar problems with Apache + Tomcat.
Which versions of Apache and Tomcat are you using?

My problems were solved when I downloaded the final release of Tomcat 3.1.
I'm using Apache 1.3.12.
One other thing is to make sure you are using the mod_jserv that comes with
the tomcat you're using but not the one that comes with JServ!  This is
really important.  The best thing for you I think is to download the latest
versions of Tomcat and Apache.  First try to copy the mod_jserv.dll that
comes with that tomcat into the /modules folder of Apache.  If that doesn't
work try to set up the downloaded version of Tomcat.  If that doesnt work
try to set apache up again.

One thing you must make sure of is that your httpd.conf file (for apache)
includes the tomcat.conf file (or tomcat-apache-custom.conf if that's the
name you're using).

Hope this helps.
Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: borba@diga-me.com.br [mailto:borba@diga-me.com.br]
Sent: 29. apríl 2000 13:54
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Apache - Tomcat problem

Hi,

I am with problems to integrate the apache web server
with tomcat. My application is distributed in the
following hierarchy of directories:

	/digame
	/digame/jsp - index.html, abertura.jsp
	/digame/jsp/digame - controle.jsp

When the user has access the page through index.html,
is redirected for controle.jsp, then controle.jsp redirects
for abertura.jsp. Using the internal web server of tomcat,
everything works perfectly well, in the Java Web server
also. When I try to use together with the Apache Web server,
controle.jsp is in a different session of abertura.jsp,
so the application does not work correctly. Can somebody
help me ? Here is my configuration file for apache.

tomcat-apache-custom.conf
-------------------------

LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

Alias /digame "C:\Arquivos de programas\Apache
Group\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\digame"
<Directory "C:\Arquivos de programas\Apache
Group\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\digame">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /digame/servlet /digame
<Location /digame/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT

Here is my server.xml
---------------------

<Server>
    <!-- Debug low-level events in XmlMapper startup -->
    <xmlmapper:debug level="0" />

    <!-- This is quite flexible; we can either have a log file per
         module in Tomcat (example: ContextManager) or we can have
         one for Servlets and one for Jasper, or we can just have
	 one tomcat.log for both Servlet and Jasper.

	 If you omit "path" there, then stderr should be used.

	 verbosityLevel values can be:
	    FATAL
	    ERROR
	    WARNING
            INFORMATION
            DEBUG
         -->

    <Logger name="tc_log"
            path="logs/tomcat.log"
            customOutput="yes" />

    <Logger name="servlet_log"
            path="logs/servlet.log"
            customOutput="yes" />

    <Logger name="JASPER_LOG"
	    path="logs/jasper.log"
            verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION" />

    <!-- Add "home" attribute if you want tomcat to be based on a different
directory
         "home" is used to create work and to read webapps, but not for
libs or CLASSPATH.
         Note that TOMCAT_HOME is where tomcat is installed, while
ContextManager
home is the
         base directory for contexts, webapps/ and work/
      -->
    <ContextManager debug="0" workDir="work" >
        <!-- ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.LogEvents"
/ -->
        <ContextInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.context.AutoSetup"
/>
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.DefaultCMSetter"
/>
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.WorkDirInterceptor"
/>
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.WebXmlReader"
/>
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor"
/>
        <!-- Request processing -->
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SimpleMapper"
debug="0" />
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SessionInterceptor"
/>
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SecurityCheck"
/>
        <RequestInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.request.FixHeaders"
/>

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
        </Connector>

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
        </Connector>

        <!-- example - how to override AutoSetup actions -->
        <Context path="/examples" docBase="webapps/examples" debug="0"
reloadable="true"

        </Context>
        <!-- example - how to override AutoSetup actions -->
        <Context path="" docBase="webapps/ROOT" debug="0" reloadable="true"

        </Context>

        <Context path="/test" docBase="webapps/test" debug="0"
reloadable="true"

        </Context>

        <Context path="/digame" docBase="webapps/digame" debug="0"
reloadable="true"

        </Context>

    </ContextManager>
</Server>