tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Rosen" <scottro...@usa.com>
Subject Unable to run servlet in new webapp
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:52:07 GMT
Hope someone can help. I have defined a new webapp using the /examples entry
as a basis in server.xml as follows:

<Context path="/timesheet" docBase="webapps/timesheet" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
</Context>

I put the servlet, timeserv.class, in
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/timesheet/WEB-INF/classes directory. When I try to run
it from www.myserver.com/timesheet/servlet/timeserv I get a 404 not found
back from the browser.

However, if I put the same timeserv.class in the
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes directory I am able to run it
successfully from www.myserver.com/examples/servlet/timeserv.

Can anyone help with why the servlet will not run in the timesheet directory
but does run in the examples directory? I must be missing something.

Thanks very much.