tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Le" <a...@echobuzz.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Microsoft IE
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 00:30:25 GMT
Yes, my server.xml file is correctly setup.  I can browse my jsp pages in
that just fine... not the servlet tho :(

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: sweiss@aamc.org [mailto:sweiss@aamc.org]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 5:28 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: adam@echobuzz.com
Subject: Re: Tomcat and Microsoft IE

Oops, I missed your second question- and I have the exact same setup.

Did you add a context for your web application in
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml? I think that might solve your problem.

-Steve

Adam Le wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone have any problems running Tomcat 3.1 with the Microsoft IE4/5
> browser?  I have a web app in jsp that just doesn't act normal in IE but
> it's perfectly normal in netscape.
>
> The problem I'm seeing is:
> When one page redirects to another, I get the output of the first page +
the
> HTTP header + the output of my new page in my browser.  My url is the
> correct url of the new page. Netscape will correctly redirect to the new
> page without a hitch.  I'm not running any client side javascript or
> anything... just normal jsp pages redirecting to another jsp page.
>
> Another problem I'm having is with Tomcat configurations. I have the
> following configuration:
> Redhat Linux 6.2
> Apache 1.3.12
> Tomcat 3.1
> JDK1.2.2 RC4 - Blackdown port
> (the latest and greatest bugs)
>
> I have a web app that I move to my /home/tomcat/myapp directory.  I made
the
> ../myapp/WEB-INF and ../myapp/WEB-INF/classes directories.  I created a
> web.xml file with what I think is the appropriate servlet declarations.
My
> server.xml file points /myapp to /home/tomcat/myapp.  I can browse my jsp
> pages in http://localhost:8080/myapp just fine.  My problem is my
servlets.
> No matter what I try, I can not get
> http://localhost:8080/myapp/servlet/HelloWorld to run.  I place my
> HelloWorld.class file under the <tomcat
> home>/webapp/examples/WEB-INF/classes and it runs fine under
> http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorld.  Can some one point me
in
> the right direction of how to set up servlets in a new context other than
> <tomcat home>/webapps/ ?
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> Adam

Stephen A. Weiss  Association of American Medical Colleges
(202)828-0428     mailto:sweiss@aamc.org    http://www.aamc.org