tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Le" <a...@echobuzz.com>
Subject Tomcat and Microsoft IE
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:56:15 GMT
Hi All,

Does anyone have any problems running Tomcat 3.1 with the Microsoft IE4/5
browser?  I have a web app in jsp that just doesn't act normal in IE but
it's perfectly normal in netscape.

The problem I'm seeing is:
When one page redirects to another, I get the output of the first page + the
HTTP header + the output of my new page in my browser.  My url is the
correct url of the new page. Netscape will correctly redirect to the new
page without a hitch.  I'm not running any client side javascript or
anything... just normal jsp pages redirecting to another jsp page.

Another problem I'm having is with Tomcat configurations. I have the
following configuration:
Redhat Linux 6.2
Apache 1.3.12
Tomcat 3.1
JDK1.2.2 RC4 - Blackdown port
(the latest and greatest bugs)

I have a web app that I move to my /home/tomcat/myapp directory.  I made the
../myapp/WEB-INF and ../myapp/WEB-INF/classes directories.  I created a
web.xml file with what I think is the appropriate servlet declarations.  My
server.xml file points /myapp to /home/tomcat/myapp.  I can browse my jsp
pages in http://localhost:8080/myapp just fine.  My problem is my servlets.
No matter what I try, I can not get
http://localhost:8080/myapp/servlet/HelloWorld to run.  I place my
HelloWorld.class file under the <tomcat
home>/webapp/examples/WEB-INF/classes and it runs fine under
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorld.  Can some one point me in
the right direction of how to set up servlets in a new context other than
<tomcat home>/webapps/ ?

Thanks for all your help.

Adam