tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Le" <a...@echobuzz.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Microsoft IE
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 02:22:34 GMT
I have nearly identical server.xml as you do.  The only difference is my
debug is set to "0".  My tomcat.conf is missing the <directory> section.  I
think I see the key here.

In your tomcat.conf:
ApJServMount /currmit /home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit

I have the equivalent:
ApJServMount /myapp /root

Perhaps ApJServMount needs the fully qualified path for servlets to work
correctly.

I'll try to change that setting and let you know what happened tomorrow
morning.  Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it!

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: sweiss@aamc.org [mailto:sweiss@aamc.org]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 7:07 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat and Microsoft IE

Here's the relevant part of tomcat-currmit.conf, which I include in
Apache's httpd.conf:

Alias /currmit /home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit
<Directory "/home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /currmit/servlet /currmit
<Location /currmit/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Using this, I access my application at http://localhost/currmit/ , and
both JSPs and servlets (which are referenced with
/currmit/servlet/<servlet-name> where <servlet-name> is what I have in
web.xml, which is in /home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit/WEB-INF. My
servlets are in <path-to-currmit>/WEB-INF/classes. In tomcat.conf I
have:
 ApJServMount /currmit /home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit

Although I normally use Apache, I can also get to my application using
Tomcat's WS with:

  http://localhost:8080/currmit/

I'm not sure how Tomcat's WS gets its mount points, I figure it must be
from either tomcat.conf, or server.xml, since it doesn't know about
tomcat-currmit.conf. In server.xml, I have:

 <Context path="/currmit"
docBase="/home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit" debug="1"
reloadable="true" >
 </Context>

Tomcat uses this to generate the file tomcat-apache.conf, but it doesn't
correctly get docBase, instead it puts this (which doesn't work) into
tomcat-apache.conf:

Alias /currmit /usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/currmit  <---- this is
not the correct location
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/currmit">   <---- neither
is this
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /currmit/servlet /currmit

That's why I ended up creating my own "tomcat-currmit.conf" and include
that in httpd.conf.

What does your server.xml look like?

-Steve